We are always doing our best to look to the health and well-being of our clients' pets and that of our human team members as well. Considering this, as a policy when temperatures or windchill fall below 15F, we modify outside type visits (dog walks, etc.) to a short "potty break" and then spend the remainder of the time engaging with them, and generally getting their mind's going and body active. Please, if you have pet jackets or booties or any other protective wear for your pets, have them available so we can see to the safety of your pet while he or she is outside. ALSO, when we are forecast to see significant snow fall, we do make all scheduled visits, however, the timing may not fall within our typical time frame of arrival due to slow or dangerous travel conditions. In this type of weather we prioritize visits as follows:
- Priority 1: Pets on LIFE SUPPORTING medications - these visits must be made as close as possible to the regular time frame. Other visits may have to be moved to earlier or later in the day to accommodate these visits.
- Priority 2: Dogs (non-life support meds & non - medicated) - Dogs obviously require more interaction in the sense that a human typically needs to take them somewhere to potty (as opposed to cats and caged animals) - these visits should fall as close as possible to typical time frames but will not hinder a visit(s) for pets in priority 1 category.
- Priority 3: Cats and Small animals (non-life support meds & non - medicated) - cats and caged animals are very self sufficient. They are able to relieve themselves and are generally ok for longer periods of time without human involvement. The visit will still be made but timing may be significantly affected.
- Priority 4: House Only visits - these visits are without pets and are just house check ups. They may be made only when severe weather subsides.
- Priority 5: Pet Waste Management - These visits will be rescheduled as necessary.